Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Rain

You crashed on my windows. You drenched me with cold kisses. You slapped yourself onto my land. You came down angry, and you came down softly. I miss your scent. I miss your touch. The soft caresses as I ran through you. I miss your temperamental mannerisms. And your delayed displays of aggression. You filled my land up with your tears. Not the hot tears that I cry, but cold tears. I can still recall you climbing down my spine, wicking yourself onto my skin. Covering me with a cool hand. Your sight is beautiful. Depressing. But everything that I miss. I miss your song lulling me to sleep. Your small rivers. Your placid lakes. I miss the sound of you crashing agaisn't yourself. The defness of your song. Always lonely. Always melancholy. Why did you sound so alone? Did your home not want you? Were you discarded onto me like the trash I threw out? I would hold you in my palm. I would let you hydrate me with your coolness. I feel you falling on my brow. I hear you shuddering in my ears. How that song rang! It was exquisite. Each voice different, but so recognizable. You unveiled me with your caress. I can feel your cold skin on mine. I can relive the day I ran despite of you falling angrily from the skies. How you cried so hard into my own eyes, that I could not see. I couldn't bear to leave you. And with all the magnificent things here, you are sorely missed. Nothing compares to you. How you came down, and I dance below you. I waited to be baptized by you. To feel you quench my skin with your powerfullness. The darkening skies, the midmorning showers. How different and alike they all are. Your cold breath, before you strike. The mild breeze, warning me of your entrance. How you watched. Waited. You were always such a dramatic individual. I twirled around underneath you. Expecting you to unfold before me. To ruin my outings. To elevate my moods. To scare me in traffic. So unexpected. So spontanious. So full of life and death. So full of yourself, that you crashed onto the hot pavement. You fell and I caught you in my hand. And watched you roll from there onto my arm. You are beautiful. You are scary. You are free. You are still captive. You are depressing. You are enlightening. You are all the things I am not.

2 Comments:

Blogger RC666 said...

You are beautiful and enlightening... not really free though, you are stuck with Gabe and I.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Martini Love said...

Great writing girlie!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home